FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is Red Hills? Red Hills is held the second weekend in March, annually: March 7-10, 2019.
- Where is Red Hills? Red Hills is held in Elinor Klapp Phipps Park on Miller Landing Road, Tallahassee, FL.
- Are spectators welcome? YES! Spectators are welcome and encouraged to watch the horses during all the events: cross country, dressage and stadium jumping. We also have our Avenue of Shops, park tours, food from numerous vendors.
- Is there an admission fee? We ask for a donation of $15 per person per day to help defray the costs of the event. This is not a requirement for admission. Children ages 12 and under are not asked for a donation. For ticket information please visit our site here.
- Where can I purchase tickets? Tickets can be purchased here. Or, if you prefer, feel free to purchase at the gate. Three-day Passes are available at a discounted rate of $40 when purchased online between January 1 and February 28, 2019. Single-day Passes are $15.
- When should I arrive? Competition begins each morning at 8 a.m.
- Is there seating? There are bleachers at the main arena. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or even a blanket to watch from the many vantage points throughout the park.
- Is there a parking fee? There is no parking fee. Guests will park off of Miller’s Landing Road. From there you will be able to either walk or take a bus to the entrance. Signs are posted for your convenience.
- What handicap services are provided? Persons attending should be aware that the Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park has no permanent facilities or paved roads. This is an outdoor venue. Terrain is uneven in many places. The following is provided for spectators with special needs:
- Close-in parking for persons with valid Disabled Parking Permit
- Special transport via van and/or golf cart
- Handicapped-accessible port-o-let
- If a person with a disability requires an accommodation to participate or if special seating arrangements are needed, requests should be made to the event coordinator 72 hours (3 days) prior to the event. Call the Red Hills Office at: (850) 580-4020 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I bring my dog? Well-behaved dogs are welcome at the competition, but must be kept on a leash at all times. Remember to pick up after your dog and keep them with you at all times.
- What do I wear? Comfortable, weather-appropriate attire is recommended, comfortable shoes are a must! If you like bring along a blanket or portable seat.
- Is there food on site? The Avenue of Shops hosts local food vendors who offer a variety of food and beverages but feel free to bring along food and non-alcoholic beverages for your enjoyment. Trash cans are located throughout the park. Please be sure to use these and leave no trash behind.
- Is there anything to buy—are there shops? Local and regional vendors are on site for you to purchase gifts and mementos. Artwork, clothing, jewelry and other unique and beautiful items are available for sale. The local animal shelter will have pets available for adoption as well.
- Are there tours of the park? Complimentary tours are available for your enjoyment. Once you have parked and taken the bus to the main entrance there will be an area for you to embark on a memorable, scenic and educational tour of the historic Elinor Klapp Phipps Park. The tours will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis on Sunday at 11:00am and 1:00pm. Sitting on the eastern shore of Lake Jackson, Elinor Klapp Phipps Park is owned by the Northwest Florida Water Management District and managed in cooperation with the City of Tallahassee. This park boasts 517 acres of beautiful hiking, biking and horse trails. Eagles, hawks, bluebirds, butterflies and foxes are just a few of the wild creatures you may see while on your tour.
How can I become a sponsor? Sponsorships are important for the success of this event.